|Listed height||5 ft 7 in|
|Listed weight||146 lb|
|Division||Featherweight (2006-present), Lightweight (2004-2006)|
|Born|| November 2, 1983|
Palm Springs, California, United States
|Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Trained by||Greg Jackson, Mike Winkeljohn|
|Team||Jackson's Mixed Martial Arts|
Swanson made his MMA debut in July of 2004. He lost his first bout against Shannon Gugerty via rear naked choke in only fifteen seconds. Swanson would go on to win his next nine bouts, including a victory over Shannon Gugerty in a rematch from their July 25, 2004 bout.
Swanson made his WEC debut on March 24, 2007 with a victory over Tommy Lee by guillotine choke. He has also defeated Micah Miller. Following an eleven fight winning streak, Swanson lost to former UFC champion Jens Pulver, who was making his WEC debut. Swanson was forced to tap out at just 0:35 of round one due to an neck crank after attempting a single leg take down. Swanson was scheduled to fight Diego Nunes on the undercard at WEC 40, but Nunes was forced to withdraw from the fight just days before the bout because of a hand injury. Swanson lost to Jose Aldo by technical knock out via flying knees eight seconds into the first round at WEC 41 on June 7, 2009.
Swanson next faced Mackens Semerzier in the last fight for both men in the WEC. Swanson defeated Semerzier via split decision.
After just over a year out of action, Swanson returned to face Ricardo Lamas on November 12, 2011 at UFC on Fox 1, becoming the last WEC fighter imported from the WEC/UFC merger to debut in the UFC. He lost the fight via submission (arm triangle choke) in the second round.
Swanson faced Charles Oliveira on September 22, 2012 at UFC 152. Early in the first round, Swanson hit Oliveira with body shots, which visibly appeared to hurt Oliveira. Swanson followed it up with an overhand right sending Oliveira to the canvas resulting in a KO victory for Swanson. Swanson received a $65,000 bonus for Knockout of the Night.
Swanson was expected to face Dennis Siver on February 16, 2013 at UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs. McDonald. However, Siver was forced out of the bout, and was replaced by Dustin Poirier. Swanson won by unanimous decision.
Swanson's bout with Dennis Siver was rescheduled for July 6, 2013 at UFC 162. After a back and forth first two rounds, Swanson defeated Siver via TKO due to punches in the third round. The performance earned both participants Fight of the Night honors.
Championships and accomplishmentsEdit
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- World Extreme Cagefighting
- Fight of the Night (Three times)
- 2012 All-Violence First Team
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|5||0 wins||0 losses|
|Win||20–5||Dennis Siver||TKO (punches)||UFC 162||July 6, 2013||3||2:24||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||19–5||Dustin Poirier||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs. McDonald||February 16, 2013||3||5:00||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Win||18–5||Charles Oliveira||KO (punch)||UFC 152||September 22, 2012||1||2:40||Toronto, Ontario, Canada||146.4 catchweight bout; Oliveira missed weight. Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||17–5||Ross Pearson||TKO (punches)||UFC on FX: Maynard vs. Guida||June 22, 2012||2||4:14||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Knockout of the Night.|
|Win||16–5||George Roop||TKO (punches)||UFC on Fox: Evans vs. Davis||January 28, 2012||2||2:22||Chicago, Illinois, United States of America|
|Loss||15–5||Ricardo Lamas||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. dos Santos||November 12, 2011||2||2:16||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Win||15–4||Mackens Semerzier||Decision (split)||WEC 52||November 11, 2010||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||14–4||Chad Mendes||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 50||August 18, 2010||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||14–3||John Franchi||Submission (guillotine choke)||WEC 44||November 18, 2009||3||4:50||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||13–3||Jose Aldo||TKO (flying knee and punches)||WEC 41||June 7, 2009||1||0:08||Sacramento, California, United States||WEC Featherweight title eliminator|
|Win||13–2||Hiroyuki Takaya||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 37||December 3, 2008||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||12–2||Donny Walker||Submission (rear-naked choke)||IFBL 11||December 23, 2007||3||1:24||Niles, Ohio, United States|
|Loss||11–2||Jens Pulver||Submission (guillotine choke)||WEC 31||December 12, 2007||1||0:35||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||11–1||Micah Miller||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 28||June 3, 2007||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||10–1||Tommy Lee||Submission (guillotine choke)||WEC 26||March 24, 2007||1||3:17||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||9–1||Chuck Kim||KO (punch)||BIB||November 17, 2006||1||4:51||Bakersfield, California, United States|
|Win||8–1||Charlie Valencia||TKO (punches)||KOTC: BOOYAA||October 13, 2006||1||4:52||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||7–1||Richard Montano||Decision (unanimous)||KOTC: Rapid Fire||August 4, 2006||2||5:00||San Jacinto, California, United States||Drops to Featherweight.|
|Win||6–1||Shannon Gugerty||TKO (punches)||TC 13||March 11, 2006||2||3:40||Del Mar, California, United States|
|Win||5–1||Fernando Arreola||Submission (punches)||KOTC: Final Conflict||December 2, 2005||1||3:21||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||4–1||Mike Corey||TKO (cut)||KOTC: Flash Point||September 23, 2005||2||2:42||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||3–1||Armando Sanchez||Submission (punches)||KOTC: Prime Time||August 5, 2005||1||1:59||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||2–1||Martin Bautista||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Total Combat 7||January 29, 2005||2||N/A||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Win||1–1||Joe Morales||Submission (punches)||Total Combat 6||October 24, 2004||1||2:28||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Loss||0–1||Shannon Gugerty||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Total Combat 4||July 25, 2004||1||0:15||Tijuana, Mexico|
- ↑ Advertising at Sherdog.com
- ↑ WEC 44: Brown vs. Aldo results. www.wec.tv/index.cfmom (2009-11-19).
- ↑ WEC 44 bonuses: Aldo, Roller, Swanson and Franchi earn $10,000 awards. MMAJunkie.com. Archived from the original on July 11, 2012. Retrieved on November 19, 2009.
- ↑ Chan Sung 'Korean Zombie' Jung signs with WEC. mmamania.com (2010-03-06).
- ↑ UFC and WEC set to merge in 2011; events to air on Versus and Spike TV. mmajunkie.com (October 28, 2010).
- ↑ WEC vets Eric Koch vs. Cub Swanson targeted for UFC on Versus 3. mmajunkie.com (January 10, 2011).
- ↑ Cub Swanson out at UFC on Versus 3, Erik Koch awaits new opponent. mmajunkie.com (February 24, 2011).
- ↑ Erik Koch vs. Cub Swanson rebooked for July's UFC 132 event in Las Vegas. mmajunkie.com (2011-04-06).
- ↑ Training injury forces Cub Swanson out of UFC 132, Erik Koch awaits new foe. mmajunkie.com (June 2, 2011).
- ↑ Cub Swanson vs Ricardo Lamas booked for Nov. 12 in Anaheim. mmamania.com (September 3, 2011).
- ↑ UFC on FOX 2 adds Roop vs. Swanson. mmajunkie.com (December 5, 2011).
- ↑ Ross Pearson vs. Cub Swanson added to UFC on FX 4 in New Jersey. mmajunkie.com (March 29, 2012).
- ↑ Charles Oliveira vs Cub Swanson in the works for UFC 152 in Toronto. mmamania.com (August 2, 2012).
- ↑ UFC 152 results: Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson. mmajunkie.com.
- ↑ UFC 152 Bonus Winners. TopMMANews.com (September 22, 2012).
- ↑ Staff (2012-12-12). Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver Set as Co-Main Event for UFC on Fuel 7 in England. mmaweekly.com. Retrieved on 2012-12-12.
- ↑ Dustin Poirier replaces Dennis Siver, meets Cub Swanson at UFC on FUEL TV 7. mmajunkie.com (January 17, 2013).
- ↑ Tom Ngo (March 28, 2013). Dennis Siver Faces Cub Swanson at UFC 162. 5throundcom. Retrieved on March 28, 2013.
- ↑ Damon Martin (2014-03-18). Cub Swanson vs. Jeremy Stephens headlines UFC Fight Night in San Antonio. msn.foxsports.com. Retrieved on 2014-03-18.
- ↑ http://m.sherdog.com/news/articles/2/Sherdogcoms-2012-AllViolence-Team-48763