Nicholas Dominic Osipczak (born December 30, 1984 in London) is an English professional mixed martial artist (MMA) fighter. He is a cast member of SpikeTV's The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom. He is also a known practitioner of Sanshou and is a member of Team Rough House.
Nick attended high school at St. Olaves Grammar School and graduated in 2003. After graduating from high school, he enrolled in Loughborough University and obtained a Bachelor's degree in Maths, Accounting and Financial Management, he graduated from Loughborough in 2007.
Mixed martial artsEdit
While attending Loughborough, Nick studied Kung Fu. After graduating from college, Nick became a professional gambler. Being a gambler gave him time to train for mixed martial arts. Even though Nick hadn't thought about being a mixed martial arts fighter until after he saw UFC's Ultimate Knockouts. He began training and learned to enjoy the sport. After training in different places he arrived at Jess Liaudin’s London Pancrase.
The Ultimate FighterEdit
Osipczak appears on The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom. He defeated Tommy Maguire by knock out in an elimination match earning him a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada to compete on the show. Osipczak had his second fight against Team United States fighter Mark Miller. Osipczak defeated Miller via a second round knockout from a head kick.
Ultimate Fighting ChampionshipEdit
Osipczak made his UFC debut at The Ultimate Finale 9 on June 20, 2009. He fought his TUF cast mate and team USA fighter, Frank Lester in Las Vegas, Nevada on the under card. He defeated Lester after Nick started to go for a guillotine choke but took Lester's back instead and finished using a rear naked choke with no hooks in. Osipczak was then signed to a three fight deal with the UFC.
In his most recent fight, Osipczak faced TUF 7 alumni, Matt Riddle on November 14, 2009 at UFC 105 in Manchester, England. The fight started getting personal after Osipczak claimed that he would "piddle on Riddle" in response to a question on how he saw the fight going.
During the pre-fight interviews, Riddle showed his anger towards Nick stating. “I like everybody I fight for the most part, this kid just rubs me the wrong way. I actually read an interview where he said he was going to piss on me, ‘Piddle on Riddle’, this means piss on me. And honestly the last time I was mad before a fight, I broke the kid’s jaw. So I wanna break his jaw right off his f*cking body. I don’t know if I can say that, but I’m really angry."
Nick further stated that Riddle had no finishing ability and was a fighter who liked to "grind out a decision". Riddle countered the statement by saying Osipczak was weak and had no skill against an experienced wrestler.
Osipczak dominated the fight by neutralising Riddle's wrestling with strikes from the bottom, superior jiu jitsu & stand up, and eventually caused referee Mark Goddard to end the fight due to a series of unanswered strikes from the full mount position at 3:53 in the final round, including his infamous "helicopter punch" that first made an appearance in his pro debut in 2008 After winning the fight he performed a celebratory dance around the Octagon simulating a urinating motion, fulfilling his pre-fight promise to "piddle on Riddle".
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|10||5 wins||0 losses|
|Rick Story||UFC 112: Invincible||April 10, 2010||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Win||Matt Riddle||TKO (Punches and Elbows)||UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera||November 14, 2009||3||3:53||Manchester, England|
|Win||Frank Lester||Submission (Rear Naked Choke)||UFC: The Ultimate Finale 9||June 20, 2009||1||3:40||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
|Win||Geoff Hayes||Submission (Rear Naked Choke)||ZT 12: Fight Night 12||August 30, 2008||1||1:32||Brighton, East Sussex, England|
|Win||Nigel Whitear||Submission (Rear Naked Choke)||FX3: Fight Night 8||June 22, 2008||1||1:55||Reading, Berkshire, England|
|Win||Brendan Flanagan||TKO (Punches)||FX3: Fight Night 7||March 15, 2008||1||1:16||Reading, Berkshire, England|
- His official record does not include his preliminary victory while on The Ultimate Fighter as it is considered an exhibition bout. The UFC considers his semi-final fight an official loss.
Titles and AccomplishmentsEdit
- Kung Fu
- National Open Champion (1)
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Semi-Finalist on The Ultimate Fighter (Welterweight)
- ↑ Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes. Findmypast.com. Retrieved on 2009-11-12.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Ten TUF Questions Nick Osipczak. AroundTheOctagon.com (March 25, 2009). Retrieved on April 15, 2009.
- ↑ Paul Taylor vs. John Hathaway, Nick Osipczak vs. Matt Riddle In The Works for UFC 105. MMAFrenzy.com (2009-01-02). Retrieved on 2009-09-10.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/20091021060826/mma2go.wordpress.com/interview-with-nick-osipczak/
- ↑ http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=115033&st=135
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/20091114075650/www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9890&zoneid=13
- ↑ RIDDLE NOT IMPRESSED WITH OSIPCZAK. MMAWeekly.com (2009-11-04). Archived from the original on 2009-11-07. Retrieved on 2009-11-04.
- ↑ http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=26138
- ↑ http://www.mmabay.co.uk/mmabay%20insight%20-%20nick%20osipczak.html
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw9RK-8jfmI