Pride 5 was a mixed martial arts event held by the Pride Fighting Championships. This was the first Pride event to be promoted by Dream Stage Entertainment, which took over from Kakutougi Revolution Spirits. The event took place at the Nagoya Rainbow Hall in Nagoya, Japan, on April 29, 1999. This event marked the Pride debuts of Mark Coleman and Vitor Belfort. It also featured a Gracie Jiu-Jitsu demonstration by Rickson Gracie and Royler Gracie. The English language commentary for this event was provided by Stephen Quadros and Bas Rutten.
- Inoue defeats Toyonaga by technical knockout at 5:53 of round 1.
- Bueno defeats Honma by technical knockout at 4:59 of round 1.
- Vovchanchyn defeats Shoji by decision.
- Inoue defeats Nishida by rear naked choke at 0:24 of round 1.
- Kazushi Sakuraba defeats Vitor Belfort by decision.
- Takada defeats Coleman by heel hook submission at 1:44 of round 2.