UFC 11: The Proving Ground was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on September 20th, 1996, at the Augusta Civic Center in Augusta, Georgia. The event was broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States, and later released on home video.
The card featured an eight-man tournament, as well as two alternate bouts in case of an injury, and to fill time for the pay-per-view broadcast. Due to multiple injuries and fatigue, the final bout was won by forfeit. As no alternates were able to continue after their semifinal matches and Roberto Travern had a broken hand after his alternate match.
- Ferrozzo wins by submission TKO (Referee stoppage due to strikes).
- Traven wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 1:33. Traven was injured, and unable to continue as an alternate for the tournament.
- Coleman wins by submission (choke) at 0:44.
- Johnston wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 0:30
- Abbott wins by submission (Neck Crank) at 2:06.
- Bohlander wins by unanimous decision at 15:00. Due to injury, Bohlander was unable to continue in the tournament, and was replaced by Scott Ferrozzo.
- Coleman wins by submission due to strikes at 2:20.
- Ferrozzo wins by unanimous decision at 18:00. Due to fatigue and a cut above the eye, Ferrozzo was unable to continue in the tournament.
- Scott Ferrozzo was unable to continue, and as all alternates were injured or unable to continue, Mark Coleman wins UFC 11 by default.
|Mark Coleman ||C|
|Scott Ferrozzo (forfeit)||L|
|Scott Ferrozzo ||W|