The event was seen in movie theatres throughout the United States via National CineMedia's Fathom event distribution service. Also, it played at the Cineplex Odeon chain in Canada.
On March 10, 2010 it was announced that the event was officially sold out.
Official Fight cardEdit
- Riddle defeated Soto via disqualification (illegal upkick) at 1:30 of round 3.
- Hamman defeated Wallace via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28). This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the St. Pierre vs. Hardy fight.
- Palhares defeated Drwal via submission (heel hook) at 0:45 of round 1. This bout aired on the Spike broadcast following the Diaz vs. Markham fight. This bout also aired on the PPV broadcast following the Mir vs. Carwin fight.
Spike TV CardEdit
- Almeida defeated Brown via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:30 of round 2.
- Diaz defeated Markham via TKO (punches) at 2:47 of round 1.
- Miller defeated Bocek via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Fitch defeated Saunders via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Pellegrino defeated Camoes via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:20 of round 2
- Carwin defeated Mir via KO (punches) at 3:48 of round 1 to become the UFC Interim Heavyweight champion.
- St. Pierre defeated Hardy via unanimous decision (50-43, 50-44, 50-45) to retain the UFC Welterweight championship.
Notes and references Edit
- ↑ "UFC 111 ST-PIERRE VS HARDY", retrieved from UFC.com, URL accessed March 19, 2010
- ↑ "Ricardo Funch off UFC 111, Newcomer Greg Soto to meet Matthew Riddel", retrieved from mmajunkie.com, URL accessed March 19, 2010
- ↑ "UFC 111 at Cineplex", retrieved from cineplex.com, URL accessed March 19, 2010
- ↑ "UFC 111 sold out", retrieved from UFC.com, URL accessed March 19, 2010