UFC 34: High Voltage was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship at the MGM Grand Arena on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada on November 2, 2001. The event was seen live on pay per view in the United States, and later released on home video.
The card was headlined by two Championship Bouts, Randy Couture faced Pedro Rizzo for the Heavyweight Title, and Matt Hughes faced Carlos Newton for the Welterweight Title. UFC 34 marked the first appearance of future Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir.
- Mir wins by submission (armbar) at 1:05 of the first round.
- Lindland wins by majority decision at 15:00.
- Tanner wins by submission (armbar) at :55 of the second round.
(Only clips appear on PPV)
- Barnett wins by submission due to strikes at 4:25 of the second round.
- Penn wins by KO (Punches) at 0:11 of the first round.
- Matt Hughes wins by KO (powerbomb) at 1:23 of the second round to become the new UFC Welterweight champion.
- Rodriguez wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 4:02 of the second round.
- Couture wins by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 3:22 of the third round to retain his title.