UFC 4: Revenge of the Warriors, commonly referred to as simply UFC 4, was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on December 16, 1994, at the Expo Center Pavilion in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The event was seen live on pay-per-view, and later released on home video, both VHS and, eventually, DVD.
UFC 4 used an eight-man tournament format, with the winner receiving $64,000. The event also featured three alternate fights. All seven tournament fights were shown on the live pay-per-view broadcast, as well as the Jason Fairn vs. Guy Mezger alternate fight.
The tournament had no weight classes or weight limits. Each match had no time limit or rounds, therefore no judges were used for the night. The referee for the night was "Big" John McCarthy. Royce Gracie won the event by defeating Dan Severn with a triangle choke.
Play-by-play announcer Bruce Beck and color commentator Jeff Blatnick were paired together for the first time on the pay-per-view and became the regular commentary team on UFC broadcasts up to and including UFC 15. They were joined by regular contributor Jim Brown.
- Bossett wins by knockout in 4:55.
- Mezger wins by TKO (corner stoppage) in 2:13.
- Gracie wins by submission (rear naked choke) in 3:49.
- Hackney wins by submission in 2:44.
- Jennum wins by submission (armbar) in 4:47.
- Severn wins by submission (rear naked choke) in 1:45.
- Gracie wins by submission (armbar) in 5:34.
- Severn wins by submission (head-and-arm choke) at 0:52. Bossett replaced Steve Jennum.
- Gracie wins by submission (via Triangle choke) at 15:49.
UFC 4 bracketEdit
|Ron van Clief|
|Marcus Bossett |